Please utilise this page for assistance in reporting problems with
Public Rights of Way.

There are useful links contained within this page and please check out the
Countdown to 2026Record your track you believe to be a right of way before 2026. In addition the links at the bottom of the page provide further information on Authorities and Routes etc.

Reporting an Issue with a Public Right of Way (e.g. Footpath, Bridleway, Restricted Byway, Byway) and also Cycleways and Cyclepaths.

Some examples of the Common Issues on the Rights of Way:

Gates:- Damages or missing catches, not opening or blocked etc…
Surface changes:- Ground is boggy or become slippy etc…
Missing or damaged signage.
Obstructions:- Fallen trees/branches. padlocked gates, wire, electric fences, fly tipping, landslides, overgrown hedges etc….

Please give as much details as possible including Photographs. With all issues do a separate report for each Right of Way.

  1. Report the problem to Devon County Council, Public Rights of Way Department at the Customer Service Centre on 0345 155100, email or write to D.C.C, Public Rights of Way Department, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter EX2 4QD. Please use the email first as they will log it as an official complaint.
  2. The Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ13 9JQ or 01626 832093 or
  3. Cornwall County Council, Public Rights of Way Department either contact them on 03001234202 or follow this link.

Please also contact us (SWR) via our contact us page.  We are able to offer support, help and advice regarding all rights of way issues.  In all of the above send us a copy of your complaint.

When contacting the above please ask for a LOG NUMBER for easy reference.

If you need further assistance please contact the committee.




Comments are closed.